Whether it’s a short weekend away camping with friends or you’re setting out on a campaign or expedition, the advantage of hot food and beverage is unquestionably something to consider. With camping stoves more ambitious and more moderate than ever, there’s a list to browse this summer. We’ve limited it down to our most loved stoves available.
1. Vango Compact Gas Stove, £19.99
• Easy to use
• Fold out pot supports
• Burner baffles to reduce effect of wind on flame
2. Campingaz Fold N’ Go, £71.94
• Large cooking area
• Aluminized steel cook top
• Piezo ignition
• Easy Clic plus cartridge connection
• Power: 2 x 1350 W
3. Biolite CampStove, £130
• Boil Time: 4.5 minutes to boil 1 litre of water – varies based on strength of fire.
• 46g of wood boils 1 litre of water – only a small amount needed to get a good level of heat.
• Powers most USB-chargeable devices – including smartphones, MP3 players and GPS handhelds.
4. Esbit Cook set 585ml Stove, £20.73
• Made of extremely light, hard anodized aluminum; Compact cook set with a very small pack size; Ideal for short trips for cooking water (e.g. for beverages or convenience food) and for heating up dishes and beverages; Includes folding handles
• Made of extremely light, hard anodized aluminum; Compact cook set with a very small pack size; Ideal for short trips for cooking water (e.g. for beverages or convenience food) and for heating up dishes and beverages; Includes folding handles Includes lid and stand; The pot has a capacity indicator in ml and oz.; Includes convenient mesh bag; Weight 197g; Run from Esbit solid fuel tablets
5. Coleman Perfect flow 2 Burner Camping Stove, £80
6. MSR Whisper lite, £81.97
7. Campingaz Bistro, £14.99
• Burner 1 maximum wattage 2300 watts.
• Made from steel.
• Cartridge required: 1 x CP250 cartridge.
8. Sunncamp Platinum Single Burner & Griddle, £47.50
• Features a Piezo ignition, a stainless steel 2.2 – 2.5kW burner with drip try, non-stick aluminium grill plate and chrome plated grid.
9. Kampa Roast Master, £179
• W 540 x D 310 x H460 mm*
• Stainless steel insulated shell
• Porcelain enamel hob top
• Hob with two powerful, fully adjustable, brass burners – up to 1.5kW each
• Matchless ignition – just turn control knob to ignite hob or oven
• Lid and windshields protect burners in windy conditions
• Large oven – size W 410 x D 275 x H 210 mm
• Powerful 1.0 kW oven burner with flame failure safety device (FFD)
• Oven temperature fully adjustable – up to 300̬_C
• Porcelain enamelled oven interior – easy to clean
• Glass viewing window in door
• 2 removable chrome plated shelves
• Oven temperature gauge
• Dual carrying handles
• Works from most popular gas cylinders with appropriate regulator (not supplied)
• Weight: 15 kg
10. Jetboil Zip Stove, £80
• 0.8L stove burner and cooking cup that twist together – Creates a single convenient cooking system.
• FluxRing® heat exchanger – Provides excellent fuel efficiency.
• Adjustable flame burner – Reduces heat loss when a breeze is present.
• Bottom cover unsnaps – To double up as a measuring cup or bowl.
• Lightweight and compact – Easily stored in your luggage.
• Compatible with all Jetboil accessories.
• Can store a 100g Jetpower fuel can
• Includes fuel canister stabiliser
• Pot support and Jetpower fuel sold seperately